To manage execute and deliver a robust Governance, Policy and Reporting control framework in support of the Operational Risk Strategy developed.
- Convert data extracts into relevant reports and data sets as required. This includes compiling management information (MI) and any other ad-hoc queries while adhering to agreed deadlines.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of various systems and related reporting.
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with all Absa disciplines (Group Executives, Senior Management and Colleagues) by attending meetings and proactively initiating meetings.
- Build relationship with customers that contribute to a culture of customer service excellence.
- Provide support for the Relationship Banking risk committees, and any other committees attended / chaired by the Head of Relationship
- Banking Operational Risk. Arrange meetings, agree agendas, co-ordinate papers, write minutes and follow up on actions.
- Design and make available Management Information (MI) standards and templates. Collate and analyse results and proactively identify any concerns and/or enhancements.
- Consolidate relevant MI reports and Business Dashboards.
- Establish, maintain and facilitate processes enabling adherence to the Operational Risk Management Framework policies and standards.
- Issue a draft, consolidated, report within the agreed timelines to the Executives to assess the accuracy and completeness of information reported and to suggest changes and improvements where necessary.
- Provide support and contribute to a culture of customer service excellence that meets and exceeds exceptional service.
- Effectively communicate processes and procedural changes to the business risk management team, and provide expertise in application if and when required. Update policies, circulars and manuals as and when required and circulate to the business risk management team.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Relationship Banking management and the business risk management team through regular interacting.
- Collate and analyse input (e.g. Internal audit observations, Loss Events, etc) in relation to the overall risk environment from role players (Internal Audit, Group Risk, etc.) for inclusion in the Risk Management Report.
- Contribute to the effective reduction of cost and financial wastage in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Provide sound consulting services and recommendations based on customer and client needs, current information and trends analyses.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in all interactions with stakeholders in terms of verbal or written communication as well as personal appearance, as well as operating within acceptable business ethics/norms during meetings.
- Stay abreast of knowledge and skills relevant to the level and area of work, as well as actively seeking to attain those required for the next level of work.
- Keep abreast of applicable developments and business trends relevant to Absa’s business process standards and methodologies by attending all training/workshops provided.
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A