The BA will be responsible for consulting with Information and Technology teams to understand their problems, opportunities, goals and objectives, define the business needs for new and/or enhanced products, services or optimized business processes. You will work closely with the project managers and business technology specialists in developing the appropriate solutions to meet the business need.
- Act as Business Analyst on any size project, directing and coordinating activities related to requirements gathering and documentation.
- Train clients and/or support clients on use of the new system.
- Monitor industry activities and identify and recommend potential solutions and opportunities.
- Author Business Cases and feasibility studies in partnership with Sponsors to justify (or not) the investment for a business initiative.
- Partner with architects to ensure business representation during vendor selection process and interfaces with vendors to understand whether vendor products meet business requirements.
- Provide consultancy and advice on functionality, applicability, and usability of technology solutions to stakeholder requirements.
- Create and/or review manuals, procedures, and related user documentation, and ensure documentation is targeted to the appropriate audience.
- Identify opportunities to improve current business processes.
- Collaborate with project IT team members during conceptual design phase and requirements documentation.
- Recognise and manage business trade-offs, conflicts, and market pressures.
- Consult with business stakeholders on business needs, issues, and concerns.
- Write requirement specifications and develops business process and data models that define the business need.
- Lead requirements planning activities and monitor and manage requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist project leadership in identifying potential project plan variances.
- Financial Industry experience beneficial.
- B-degree in Information Systems, Engineering or Science (Preferably with Honours).
- Good understanding of technology and trends in the market industry relating to the Financial Industry.
- Effective use of business assessment tools such as feasibility studies, business cases and cost benefit analysis, requirements estimations, current state analysis and needs assessments.
- Clear and effective author of requirements specification packages.
- 5-10 years’ experience in the Business Analysis Profession.
- Broad Knowledge of the organization’s application systems – purpose, functions and system interactions.
- Excellent facilitator at requirements workshops, brainstorming sessions and JAD workshop to operate at senior executive levels.
- End to end experience on large transformation projects beneficial.
- Effective use of business modelling (and knowledge of tools) – specifically process and workflow modelling.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Randburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A