Website Absa Group Limited
To provide advice and support in practice formulation and associated best practice improvement tactics; enabling the provision of specialist forensic expertise.
- Conduct a proper risk assessment with each investigation, which includes quantification of the loss, insurance claims, media impact / exposure, blocking accounts, claims, provisions, risk mitigation and compliance reporting, Ombudsman queries and engaging with Group Legal Services etc.
- Identify high-risk Business areas, through feedback received from parties attending risk forums / investigations outcomes and perform specific fraud awareness presentations at the respective Business Units to the identified staff. Inform Heads of Business via e-mail of new trends / scams identified with further escalation to Stakeholders and Business Units for further actions.
- Compile a comprehensive case report containing the factual findings of the investigation, recommendations addressing people, processes, procedures and system failures or internal and external threats and forward the final report to Stakeholders.
- Provide relevant findings and evidence for the use in disciplinary purposes and CCMA matters to Line Management and Employee Relations to ensure that appropriate and successful sanctions are handed down.
- Attend disciplinary / CCMA hearings when required. Attend criminal / civil court proceedings when summons to do so, to provide expert evidence in Court, relating to Absa’s products, processes and flow of transactions to obtain successful prosecutions.
- Operational Requirements and Compliance: Identify areas of improvement, make suggestions/recommendations on ways of working, concerning the investigative and operating methodologies, to line management, for further consideration, to improve standards and workflow.
- Adhere and comply with the Group policies and procedures as set out on the Absa Intranet i.e. attestations, compulsory compliance training, via the Absa Learning system.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of the organizations’ objectives. | Stakeholder Management:
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Law, Military Science and Security (Required)
Company: Absa Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A