Website African Bank Limited
- Seeks assistance to overcome obstacles as they may arise
- Enable audit and validations to be performed
- Obtain final sign of implementation
- Use the combined real-time insights of VAA and VRM to achieve better transaction authorization performance and ongoing improvement to rules.
- Create data sets as required for ad hoc analysis
- Enhance data documentation where possible
- Track account activity, learn from previous transactions and manage the performance of rules.
- Engages positively with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a descriptive or predictive mathematical or statistical model making use of available statistical tools
- Understands and delivers on agreed deliverables and business owner’s objectives
- Leverage the real-time insights of VAA and VRM to support ABHL risk strategies and risk tolerances.
- Ensure proactive management of the rules with to eliminate possible compromises and threats through fraud detection and enable better decisioning and more effective risk management.
- Maintain complete documentation of any follow up changes
- Test and validate functionality of the implementation process
- Monitor models to determine predictive power is maintained on an ongoing basis
- Prepare a project plan in terms of requirements for completion of model
- Validate the model in terms of requirements
- Analyse data in respect of models where outcomes are not in line with expectations to identify causes for variances
- Keeps stakeholders informed of progress
- Prepare and analyse data and enhance fraud and risk rules through Visa Risk Manager and Visa Advanced Authorisation Risk Management Tools
- Document data wrangling steps clearly
- Ensure solutions developed can be practically implemented
- Monitor the effectiveness of the rules and execute modifications based on emerging fraud trends.
- Alternative models, approaches and methodologies
- Find new data sources
- Find new ways of utilising and absorbing diverse data sources for business problems and to maximise value from data
- VAA / VRM data management and rules optimisation
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in VAA / VRM data management and rules optimisation. 3 years’ experience in data science or analytics or academic or financial role will be an advantage.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Card risk data experience
- Ability and willingness to learn and try new approaches
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict management skills
- Relationship management
- Knowledge of banking and working domain specific knowledge (e.g. fraud) for which problem is being solved
- Degree or relevant qualification with quantitative subjects or relevant professional certification
- Degree in Data Science or AI or Computer Science or Econometrics or Engineering or Statistics or Actuarial Science or similar or relevant professional certification
- Enjoys solving difficult problems
- Card risk data experience and Academic experience
- Organisational skills
- Ability to influence peers
- Strong Analytical skills
- People Management skills
Company: African Bank Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A