Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
- You will uphold and continue to drive operational excellence across the site and globe
- You will be the point of contact for enquiries regarding engagement processes and issues impacting our customers during your team’s coverage.
- You will be a key contributor and owner of the direction for your operations. This includes defining strategic goals for the team. You will be participating in defining, planning, and documenting key projects and initiatives.
- You will take the lead in hiring quality personnel who not only fit the needs of the current organization but will allow the team to scale with our customer and service growth.
- You will own all facets of performance and career management for the team. Regular one on one meetings with all team members are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer and internal communications.
- The right person will have strong people management experience of 8+ years with a track record of success
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have a record of driving projects to improve operations and support-related processes and the right high-level technical support experience.
- They will be analytical and have experience in leading multiple technical support or operational teams larger than 20 people, in high pressure environments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A