Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them make the most of the Cloud. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption. Solutions Architects are responsible for creating and presenting technical content and sharing best practices.
- Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer’s outcomes.
- Share the voice of the customer to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
- Work directly with customers to accelerate their projects and recommend best-practice architectures in line with their long-term business outcomes
- Advocate and educate about AWS technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
- Participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
- Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions.
- You will also be helping others develop new skills by mentoring team members.
- Build technical relationships with customers and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
- Fluent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Background in one or more of the following: Cloud Architecture, Solutions Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
Qualification & Experience:
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A