The Amazon Exports & Expansion team is hiring a Transportation Manager to improve the experience for our African customers. Africa, while relatively small in economic terms today, represents a large and growing consumer market positioned for growth spurred by the increasing productive potential of its young population, rapid adoption of technology and evolving consumer behavior. This role will allow you to work across various internal and external teams to evaluate the customer landscapes, and invent innovative approaches to solve ambiguous problems. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial role within a fast-paced, ambiguous and collaborative environment please reach out for more info then this is the position for you.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives with carriers, fulfilment centers, and customer service teams to provide best in class delivery experience, speed, and cost structure.
- Represent local country and partner with / leverage other internal resources to improve delivery experience and cost structure through system and process enhancement.
- Develop and manage the business relationships with 3PL carriers, spanning optimization and resolution of operational issues to supporting commercial and contractual negotiations.
- Work with Delivery Experience (DEX), Supply Chain, and Fulfillment teams to determine future demand for transportation resources and translate the aforementioned into capacity and operations plans.
- Develop domestic and international line haul connections to the highest degree of cost effectiveness and reliability.
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Finance and Analytics to develop reports and mechanism to manage operational and financial performance on a daily basis. Responsible for the ultimate business result from delivery experience and cost perspective.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to develop solutions based on data driven information.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Solid verbal/written communication, positive influencing skills, and sound business judgment.
- Highly adaptable to a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and ability to perform in the midst of ambiguity.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, management, engineering, or other related fields from an accredited university.
- Experience in program management and working with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- 7+ years of professional experience in transportation, logistic, or supply chain management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A