Join us as the Head of Education Sales, South Africa within Amazon Web Services (AWS). Focusing on the education market across the South African region, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS, etc).
- Identify new markets, segments, prospects and partners while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Enable the Education teams to fill the pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
- Develop the AWS education market segments, customer base, and partner ecosystem in South Africa.
- Leading the development of the South African education sales, marketing, and industry strategy,
- Execute the strategic plan working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. global EDU team, account management teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Enabling the regional field team to drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity.
- Develop strategies with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address requirements and issues from the field.
- Set a strategic account management and marketing plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Driving executive, business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organisationally to build consensus.
Qualification & Experience:
- MBA degree or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated experience of ownership, drive, and delivering results is a must.
- Demonstrated business and education market experience that drives engagement, and interact at the highest levels of government officials and educators.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A