Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) and vary in length to fit in with your university’s program. Some are 2-3 months, others can be 6 months or even up to 12 months. Typically internships commence at the same time as University holidays over the summer months and in some locations internships start dates can vary throughout the year. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative products and services.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Although no specific programming language is required you should be familiar with the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis
Qualification & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields at time of application
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A