Website Anglo American
We have an exciting position for a Specialist: Hydrogeology and Water Management to be responsible for the coordination of all water management activities in accordance with the Water Management Plan and in conjunction with the operation and strategic long term planning
As aHydrology and Water Management Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Ongoing communication with relevant external stakeholders regarding monitoring and performance against water quality goals and regulatory requirements relating to water use and water quality.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary water team and deliver Water Management Plan
- Dewatering of pit to ensure dry and safe mining conditions
- Managing financial budgets for capital and operational expenditure for hydrogeological work (drilling, consultants, infrastructure, equipment, instrumentation)
- Effective monitoring & reporting of hydrogeological parameters (water levels, abstraction rates, water quality, well yields, rainfall etc)
- Dewatering impact zone monitoring and engagement with interested/affected parties
- Maintaining ground water level below mining level
- Accurate and up to date hydrogeological models (conceptual, numerical, analytical)
- Annual updates of hydrogeological models
- Experience in external stakeholder relationships such as DWS, regional water authorities, local municipalities and surrounding landowners.
- Honours degree in Geology or Hydrogeology
- SACNASP accreditation or relevant accreditation
- Experience with site-wide water balances.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in hydrogeology and/or water management in large open pit mining operations.
- Experience in large scale mine dewatering systems.
- Experience in slope depressurisation systems.
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Postmasburg, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A