Website North West University
A Quality Assurance (QA) Manager position is available in the DSI/NWU Preclinical Drug Development Platform (PCDDP), North-West University, Potchefstroom, South Africa. The PCDDP is a national facility that contributes to building a vibrant pharmaceutical industry in the country by functioning as a national preclinical testing platform for qualitative and quantitative preclinical studies for research institutions and companies. The PCDDP holds OECD GLP compliance certification from SANAS and AAALAC International accreditation.
The QA Manager is responsible to assure test facility management (Director PCDDP) of compliance with the requirements of the quality management systems of the PCDDP based on the OECD Principles of Good Laboratory Practice and AAALAC standards. The QA manager must assist with the systems needed to comply with South African regulatory requirements prescribed by DALRRD, SAVC and the OHS act, etc.
Management of the Quality Assurance Systems of the PCDDP
Project Management of client-based studies
Financial management of projects
- Ability to function under pressure
- Good time management skills
- BSc Hons in Life Sciences or related field (e.g. Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Physiology, Biomedical Sciences etc.) (Essential)
- MSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences/ Pharmaceutics/ Life Sciences field (Desirable)
- Functioning in a service environment with good client orientation
- Understanding the management and analysis of biological samples obtained from pre-clinical and clinical studies
- QA related qualification / training (Desirable)
- Business Management qualification (Desirable)
- Ability to critically evaluate existing QA procedures, improve and create new QA systems
- Scientific project /study management
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good leadership and managerial skills and qualities
- Personnel management skills
- Must be professional at all times
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in Implementation and /or maintenance of Quality Assurance (QA) systems i.e. OECD GLP and/or ISO17025 and/or GCLP and/or GCP etc.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in Leading audits and inspections by local and international quality assurance bodies.
- Must be able to function individually and as part of a team
- Resource management and effective independent decision-making skills
- The ability to function independently and as part of a team
Company: North West University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Potchefstroom, North West, SA
Application Deadline: N/A