To deliver profitable and sustainable departmental growth through the effective planning and management of customer facing availability and stock investments in line with Group strategy in achievement of set KPI ‘s.
- Deliver optimum availability through the application of marketing and customer information into the cataloguing and format plans.
- Develop and summarize the merchandise strategy for the dept in conjunction with Brand strategy input and store opportunities identified
- Plan a framework for option numbers against agreed space and within the approved MP parameters, all against agreed seasonal targets
- Complete, Revise and review Merchandise and Store plans for all depts. Ensure assortment plans and merchandise plans tie back to space plans to deliver strategy and KPIs.
- Integrate clustering into the assortment planning process, based on space and number of options. Drive the productivity of space through ongoing performance monitoring.
- Deliver a balanced and detailed assortment plan using the Product and Merchandise strategies taking into account special events and promotions.
- Review the price architecture as well as the appropriate number of price points with the Buyer to achieve margin targets.
- Identifying any potential sales in formats to gain market share
- Ensure dept adherence to Critical path and Woolworths Merchandise Cycle timelines
- Manage the intake and flow of stock. Ensure production is scheduled with suppliers with ongoing management to be in line with critical path availability into stores
- Ensure efficient warehouse utilization & adhere to business processes to ensure accurate allocation and replenishment to meet store/customer demand.
- Planning stock and sales around key beauty events in line with sales plans, growth projections and brand offerings
- Knowledge of Product lead times to formulate a working critical path
- Ability to formulate strategies and implement shorter-term tactical plans that are cost – effective efficient and realistic
- Business acumen: an understanding of basic business processes and how sales are generated and the ability to achieve these goals
- Merchant and retail ability: demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the market place, competitors and customer needs
- Results driven and proactive
- Assertiveness and influencing ability
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Team Player
- 2-3 years planning experience
- Analytical and interpretative ability
- Extensive Retail knowledge
- Technically strong merchandising skills
- Preferably a relevant business diploma / degree (Retail business management/BCom/ /BScience/BA)
- Computer literate: advanced Excel Skills and ability to operate in a Windows based environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of business IT systems (including Forecasting and Replenishment, RMS etc)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A