Website The Aurum Institute
We are looking for a technically skilled candidate with good problem-solving abilities for the position of IT technician. The duties of an IT technician includes being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, amongst other technical duties.
- Ensuring electrical safety standards are met.
- Performing tests and evaluations of new software and hardware.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability.
- Establishing good relationships with all department ts and colleagues.
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers.
- Proficient in database programming and software installation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- A+, Linux+, or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation advantageous.
Company: The Aurum Institute
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A