Website AVI Limited
An exciting position has become available for a Food Safety Specialist within National Brands Limited, based at the Tea Factory in Durban, reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager. The main purpose for this role is to ensure that the highest quality and food safe products are produced through management of GMP audits, deep cleaning schedules and processes, fumigation schedules and practices, ensuring the highest cleaning and pest control standards.
- Assist with Quality Management System duties
- To ensure food safety conformance and compliance by contractors
- To manage the cleaning, sanitation, hygiene, pest control contracts and suppliers effectively.
- Complete Food Safety Training and Inductions for site personnel
- To manage product safety and quality through AIBI, FSSC 22000 and HACCP systems, ensuring site compliance.
- To manage the Allergen Control Program for the site
- To ensure compliance with Site cleaning, hygiene, GMP, Microbiological audits programs
- FSSC 22000 Implementation and auditing
- AIBI– GMP and HACCP Certificates
- Auditing for Food Safety
- Strong analytical thinking
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor of Technology in Food Technology or any related qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in Quality and Food Safety
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, SAP and Shopware
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) Training
Company: AVI Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A