Website Bidvest Bank
Management of the Card Acquiring portfolio to ensure sustainability and competitiveness through developing features and solutions; ownership of the income statement to drive revenue and reduce costs; conducting market research; generating product requirements; sales and marketing initiatives; determining specifications; production timetables; pricing; time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing strategies for the product in line with the Bank’s strategic objectives; whilst ensuring that the appropriate governance is applied.
- Monitor activities and costs related to utilisation of resources required to meet operational requirements.
- Understand business requirements and put together plans in terms of growing the business (short-term and long-term)
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Ensure financial objectives are met by overseeing forecasting requirements; preparing a consolidated annual budget; analysing overall variances; and directing corrective actions within the team.
- Development of products (including augmentation of existing features and benefits),
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Analyse reasons for variances and which levers to pull in order to ensure that budget is achieved. Advise the product managers on what changes to implement.
- Commercial and business acumen with the ability to forecast problems and identify possible preventative measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong relationship building
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 to 10 years Product Management
- 5 years product development and/or management experience, 2-3 years general banking experience, and project management experience.
Company: Bidvest Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A