The DREAMS Youth Coordinator role is responsible for the supporting the implementation; linking, monitoring and management of community, district partner, Department of health (DoH) and BroadReach DREAMS intervention activities to ensure bidirectional referrals of AGYW and OVC between the facility based and community-based DREAMS service providers/partners. The DREAMS Youth Coordinator works in accordance with relevant guidelines, compliance and audit criteria and stakeholder requirements to ensure that they are supporting all aspects of the Adolescent Youth Friendly Services and OVC programmes. S/he serves as the works with the DOH, District Partners, facilities, community and BroadReach.
- Support the coordination of DREAMS events by working with Administrators to arrange logistics, work with all other BroadReach stakeholders to ensure all logistics are supported as required for events, campaigns, meetings, gatherings etc.
- Support the distributions of material resources (IEC, condoms etc) to facilities, communities and other areas as directed, not limited to DREAMS related materials
- Support the establishment of facility and sub-district AYFS Technical Working Groups
AYFS activities will be implemented in support of DREAMS implementation:
- Support the establishment of youth zones
- Link with school health/youth health services across the districts to support events/campaigns
- Provide the required support as per the direction of the District Director
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong management skills with experience in managing and coordinating internal and external parties
- Strong project coordination skills across single and multiple partners
- Strong English written and oral communications skills
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 3 years HIV/Youth or Prevention programs coordination and management experience in low-resource settings in South Africa.
- Health or Social science diploma/degree related to community development/, preferable or relevant work experience (>3 years)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: King Cetshwayo, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A