Provides direct clinic services, advise, train, coach and mentor facility and hospital level Department of Health (DoH) & BroadReach staff in line with guidelines, policy and/or evolving DoH needs. Driving the 90-90-90 HIV and TB agendas for adults and children at facility and district/cluster level, ensuring that patients are being tested for HIV/TB captured in the care system, treated with antiretroviral and/or TB treatment, and are virally suppressed and/or cured of TB. Ensuring health system strengthening models, initiatives, protocols and guideline are being implemented by target high impact facilities and hospitals that facility staff are continuously identifying and addressing clients as well as facilitating on-site coaching and mentoring.
- Provide technical assistance at district Nerve Centre and other clinical forums
- Stay relevant and up to date with regulations and new developments, take ownership of personal career development, leveraging formal and informal opportunities.
- Demonstrate pride in the BroadReach Healthcare brand, services and products
- Provide direct service delivery: clinical assessment, diagnosis, patient management & education and record keeping for patients with HIV/AIDS and/or TB (adults and children) in hospitals and primary health care facilities.
- Plan support schedules with the District Director, PHC Area Managers, Cluster Team Leads (CTLs), Professional Nurses (PN) for hospitals, CHCs and Primary Health Care (PHC) facilities in your assigned district prioritising poor performing high impact facilities.
- Mentor BroadReach and DoH staff on HIV and TB diagnostics, treatment & care as per gaps identified.
- Identify key internal and external stakeholders to build relationships with, displaying sound abilities to listen, advise, influence, negotiate and present at all levels within your district.
- Conduct clinical site support visits and file audits as discussed and agreed upon with the District Director and guided by data to prioritise high impact facilities with poor performance.
- Support district/facilities in identifying root-cause issues that hinder attainment of the 95-95-95.
- Train and mentor the CTLs, PNs, ENs and DCs in your cluster on correct clinical and data management of PLHIV and in the use of BR products e.g., Vantage
- Monitor the functioning of patient care, systems and processes at supported PHC facilities, CHCs, hospitals, Wellness clinics and provide collaborative recommendations/solutions to meet targets.
- A minimum of 7-10 years clinical experience, of which 5 years must be clinical HIV/AIDS experience including the provision of ART
- Understanding of healthcare systems, the local political landscape involved in Facility, Sub-district and District level in resource limited settings.
- Ability to connect the dots, make linkages and collaboratively work across the organization to optimize the client experience
- A minimum of 3 years of postgraduate experience working with USAID, CDC, PEPFAR or any donor funded projects/programs across multiple facilities.
- Registered with HPCSA with valid MPS
- Experience in conducting clinical audits with subsequent technical assistance and report compilation is essential
- Experience in teaching and supervision of clinicians in HIV/AIDS programs is essential with experience in delivering presentations and facilitating workshops
- Post graduate certificate in Clinical HIV/AIDS or TB or STI Course preferably
- Medical Degree (SA equivalent MBChB)
- Post graduate qualification in HIV/AIDS Management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ugu, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A