The Registered Nurse will render and promote cost effective, safe quality patient care in accordance to hospital standards and policies. The incumbent will further be responsible for direct and/or indirect nursing care of a patient or a group of patients, for assessing, planning, executing and supervising the implementation of care to meet patient needs, is a role model in the delivery of evidence based care and will actively participate in Clinical Governance.
- Practice the principles of infection prevention and control.
- Practice patient care according to the Scope of Practice and assume total responsibility for these activities.
- Carry out all departmental duties as assigned, and perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Unit Manager or senior member of staff.
- Promote and maintain good public relations with patients, relatives and visitors.
- Administer and store medication in accordance with the hospital policies. Ensure all stock is well controlled and managed, charged and credited appropriately.
- Attend handover of report at shift commencement. Audit of health records to ensure compliance.
- Communicate effectively with patients regarding their care.
- Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse or equivalent NQF 7 qualification
- Computer Literacy, SAP will be an advantage
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Post-Basic qualification and experience within the nursing discipline of Critical Care Nursing will be advantageous.
- Relevant experience in all of the nursing disciplines is essential
- Working experience in private healthcare or healthcare funding industry will be advantageous
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A