At MiWay we are continuously looking to enhance our actuarial expertise. In this pursuit, we have an exciting opportunity within the MiWay Corporate Actuarial team. We are looking for candidate that can contribute to the analyses and task performed in the capital modelling and reserving space.
- Reserving: Reviewing the calculation of technical provisions as required, including data sourcing, sense checking the data / results and investigating anomalies.
- Aiding with the internal and external auditing processes.
- IFRS17 development and implementation.
- Supporting the approval process of product amendments and new products.
- Capital Modelling: Reviewing Standard Formulae Model under SAM. Ensuring the appropriateness of the methodologies and underlying models used as well as the assumptions made in the calculation of the capital requirements. Calculating shareholder distributions. Regularly reviewing the actuarial projections.
- Reinsurance modelling and renewals.
- Risk Management: Providing support to the risk management function including the ORSA, Risk Appetite Statements and Risk Strategy. Periodically reviewing actuarial-related policies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Capital modelling or IBNR reserving experience.
- Three (3) years’ experience in the short-term insurance industry.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A