Website Clicks Group
Are you passionate about retail and service excellence? Are you confident to manage a store and lead a team to deliver a competitive advantage for the brand? An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for a Store Manager. The successful individual will report to the Area Manager.
- To support the Group’s vision to be the customer’s first choice health and beauty retailer by living and driving the company values
- To adequately schedule staff in line with the Group’s labour policy and the relevant labour model in order to ensure each department is fully and appropriately staffed.
- To drive a high performing business culture that delivers employee affiliation, customer satisfaction and shareholder value.
- To successfully manage in-store execution of all visual merchandising, ensuring that in-store presentation and promotional standards are maintained and that the appearance of the store is in line with the brand image.
- To ensure the achievement of the stores financial performance by driving and maximising sales, tracking daily targets, weekly and monthly sales plans and proactively taking appropriate action as required.
- To maintain an awareness of customer trends, demographics and needs and monitor the activity of local competitors in order to capitalise on opportunities.
- To efficiently manage and control all operational activities of the store, including expenses, stock management, shrinkage, general housekeeping and administration.
- To ensure the efficient operation of the store and service excellence by leading and directing the store operations team in order to meet sales, profit and compliance targets, leading to a competitive advantage for the brand.
- To ensure competent and motivated employees through effective selection, leadership, management and on-going development in order to build capacity and capability to meet current and future business needs.
- To execute customer service initiatives in store and take corrective action that results in a great customer experience, drives customer loyalty and achieves club card participation targets.
- To ensure all administrative responsibilities are attended to in an efficient manner, including ensuring weekly time and attendance and employee records are complete and submitted to HR.
- To build and maintain sound working relationships with relevant stakeholders (centre managers, suppliers, DC’s) to ensure business objectives are achieved and opportunities are maximised.
- To drive cohesion, consistency and integration between the store operation, pharmacy and clinic teams.
- Problem-solving skills
- Results and target driven
- Sound managerial skills
- Essential: B. Degree or Diploma in retail / finance management, pharmacy or related (External applicants)
- Knowledge of labour legislation and IR practices
- Strong customer orientation
- Strong retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
- Financial management experience (budgets, profit and loss statements, financial ratios, etc.)
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of competency based interviewing
- Essential: Grade 12 (Maths 50% and English 50%)
- Knowledge of stock, cost, risk and compliance management procedures
- Strong financial acumen
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a store management role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment or successful completion the Clicks Trainee Store Management Programme
- Planning and organising skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of Customer service excellence
Company: Clicks Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vredenburg, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A