Website Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Master’s Studentship: Cloud and Network Architectures in the Cloud, Network Architectures and Services Research Group within the Next Generation Enterprises and Institutions Cluster. The incumbent will be responsible for undertaking research and development in Cloud and emerging Network Architectures. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Prepare research proposal to be approved by both the CSIR and the university;
- Prepare written literature overview of the current state-of-the-art relevant to the research topic;
- Compile the Masters’ thesis and defending the work successfully;
- Contribute to extra activities that may be outside the scope of the masters’ research as per the needs of the research group. The amount of such work shall be limited to 20% of the total time.
- Perform original research to solve the open research problem that the student identified in his/her proposal;
- Produce sufficient quantity and quality of peer-reviewed publications based on this research topic;
- Good programming skills in related software, preferably Python/C/Java;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interact efficiently with diverse teams of people;
- An Honour’s degree in electronic/computer engineering, computer science, or a related/relevant field.
- All international qualifications require an evaluation report / certificate issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA);
- Must have knowledge of Open-Source development tools and an understanding of the Linux OS;
- Knowledge in 5G and other generations of mobile networks (e.g., 4G) would be advantageous;
- Strong analytical skills including good mathematical and statistical ability.
Company: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A