Website Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Manager: Area Services in the Facilities Management and Security Services (FM&SS) department. The incumbents will lead and manage the provision of Facilities Management (FM) and Security Services (SS) to designated areas. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Develop and manage budget for the designated area;
- Collect and analyse area calls logged for problems diagnosis to identify trends and implement corrective/appropriate action, including medium to long-term informed decision making on future strategy and plans;
- Actively engage in both internal and external stakeholder’s meetings related to FM&SS portfolio services e.g. Area management meetings, to influence and implement action plans, according to CSIR standards and policies;
- Provide regular reporting to the Group Manager FM&SS;
- Manage and develop staff to ensure high quality personnel who are able to achieve performance objectives in support of the CSIR mission and vision;
- Active member of the Facilities Services team with joint responsibility for developing and implementing the Facilities Services Strategic and Operational plans;
- Develop, implement and drive the Facility Services plans for the CSIR;
- Develop and implement business and operational plan for Facilities Services department in the designated area;
- Facilitate and drive meetings with stakeholders for providing fit for purpose facilities, infrastructure and associated services;
- Manage Area Services service delivery teams;
- Manage, mentor, coach and play an advisory role for staff growth and development;
- Implement corrective action where deviations occur for the designated area;
- Identify risks, implement, and drive mitigation plans for the designated area.
- Planning and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising current premises for the purpose of optimisation.
- Optimise associated costs of service delivery;
- Plan, coordinate and drive essential services such as accommodation/space requirements and relocation management; cleaning, hygiene and pest control services; boardroom and reception services; building inspections, maintenance and compliance; building safety, security and emergency systems and security services;
- Develop, review and implement FM&SS specific procedures and processes;
- Monitor and ensure the implementation and delivery of procedures and processes related to service portfolio responsibilities – responsible for delivering FM & SS KPIs;
- Conduct performance management contracting and reviews for all staff at the recommended periods;
- Identify and implement training interventions;
- Responsible for planning, co-coordinating and managing all building infrastructure repairs and refurbishments for projects with up to a three-year period;
- Manage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of FM&SS services delivery;
- A drivers licence;
- Knowledge of and competence in the provision of facilities management and security services to a defined area (number of buildings/sites);
- Sound numerical skills;
- Technical skills within the built environment; o Problem solving’
- Resource planning and optimisation.
- Understanding industry standards and regulations. o Customer service orientation.
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Administrative skills;
- A three year Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in facilities management or engineering, with at least five years’ management experience in facilities management and business support services, with a sound track record in:
- Strategic and operational planning.
- People management, including performance management. o Project management.
- Financial management.
- Sound written and verbal communications skills
Company: Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A