Website Department of Basic Education
- Improving the marking systems across the nine peds.
- Ensuring valid and reliable marking across the nine Provincial Education Departments during marking of National Senior Certificate and Senior Certificate examinations.
- Leading and facilitating the use of technology to innovate and transition to an electronic marking system and contribute to the development of national marker training programmes commensurate with the innovations to be implemented.
- Facilitate marking feedback to teaching and learning.
- Managing the centralised marking of small enrolment subjects at a national level.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the management of the marking of the National Senior Certificate and Senior Certificate examinations at a national level and this will entail.
- Ability To Lead And Facilitate The Transition Of A Paper Based Marking System To An Electronic Marking System And Facilitate The Establishment Of A National Marker Data Base;
- Extensive And Sound Knowledge Of Education Policies Relating To The FET Band, With Particular Reference To Curriculum, Assessment And Examinations;
- Quality Enhancements In Marking And Marking Feedback Is Required;
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive Knowledge And Experience Relating To Examinations And Assessment, Specifically Relating To The National Marking System And Processes;
- In-Depth Knowledge And Experience Of Marking Systems.
- Experience In Training And The Ability To Lead And Facilitate The Development Of National Training Programmes That Are Commensurate With The Envisaged Innovations To The Marking
Company: Department of Basic Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A