Website Development Bank of Southern Africa
The Snr Deal Originator is responsible for formulating and executing the strategic objectives of the business in collaboration with the Head Client Coverage whilst being accountable for deal origination, building and owning client and partnerships and developing projects for the DBSA ultimately leading to bankable deals.
- Lead, initiate and develop new business strategies and opportunities to create a pipeline of development impact projects ensuring deal flow and bankability.
- Develop strong pipeline of good quality investments through proactive origination/business development and developing and employing sector/country knowledge;
- Build relationships, networks and collaborate with internal and external key stakeholders and clients to position DBSA as the ‘go-to’ Bank for infrastructure development opportunities.
- Continuously research and analyze the clients’ business context, operations and financial performance in search of new opportunities
- Compile and provide competitor analysis and understand the operating environment.
- Prepare and provide documentation/reports for EXCO and Board(s) decision making where applicable.
- Strong networks and relations with clients, global and regional private investors and banks in order to identify and source viable projects/investments.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of infrastructure market, financial markets and the macro landscape.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the complex financial and regulatory environments across Africa (where applicable).
- Successful track record in leading project teams with high level stakeholders and qualified professionals;
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in securing deals of appropriate size for sectors and geographies in question.
- Experience in securing infrastructure investment deals in relevant sectors/geographies in SA and/or Africa (where applicable).
- 8-10 years’ experience in appraising, negotiating and closing Project Finance, Corporate Finance, or Structured Finance transactions
- Experience in leading, initiating and developing new business strategies and opportunities to create a pipeline of development impact projects ensuring deal flow and bankability.in a financial institution;
Company: Development Bank of Southern Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A