Website Department of Basic Education
- The successful candidate will assist in Master Data Cleansing and quality assurance activities;
- Work with relevant teams to communicate and drive data cleansing activities;
- Assist in GIS development of dashboards and updating of existing reports with recent Data Marts;
- Assist in quality assuring and verifying Education data with Provincial Education Departments and other relevant stakeholders for reporting and dissemination;
- Assist in data dissemination and anonymisation of datasets in compliance to the POPI Act;
- Assist in the Data Management and Data Migration processes for ECD;
- Provide EMIS support to the Director and Directorate as reasonably requested.
- Applicants must be in possession of a Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Knowledge of MS Access and SQL is recommended;
- Ability to work with large datasets, data verification and analytical skills;
- Ability to keep up with a changing IT and education environment;
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines; Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to work after hours and be prepared to travel; Valid Code 8 driver’s licence.
- Have a passion for making a positive contribution in the South African Education Sector.
Qualification & Experience:
- Two (2) years relevant experience in the IT field in Data Management or related work;
- Work experience in Geospatial software such as GIS ArcGIS, QGIS, or Business Intelligence reports/dashboards, etc. will be an added advantage;
Company: Department of Basic Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A