Website Gauteng Department of Education
Applications should be submitted strictly online at the following E-Recruitment portal: http://professionaljobcenter.gpg.gov.za. No hand-delivered, faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. For assistance with online applications please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must include only completed and signed new Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with 3 contactable referees. Certified copies of Identity Document, Senior Certificate and the highest required qualification as well as a driver’s license where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to HR on or before the day of the interview date. Suitable candidate will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification), security clearance process and undergo medical screening test. Suitable candidates will have to disclose their financial interests.
- Manage and supervise functions and functionaries within Transit and Web cycle space. Manage the exception reports within Transit section (Commitment’s report and Web cycle report) including supervision of the 0-9 file functionaries.
- Compile and or submit report in line with duties/ functions they are responsible for.
- Manage and utilize human resources in accordance with HR directives and legislation within the designated sections.
- Provide customer care service to both internal and external clients of queries related to the functions within the designated sections and in relevance to SCM process in general.
- Support and or assist the inventory management as and when the need arises.
- A range of work procedures such as Finance, HR matters, Safety, Training, and Stores
- Packages and or programs such as Ms PowerPoint, Teams, Excel and Word and knowledge of SAP system.
- Administration procedures relating to working environment including norms and standards, planning and organizing, reporting procedures, procurement directives and procedures.
- Candidate to portray good leadership skills, report writing, presentation and any other relevant management qualities and or skills.
- Competencies: In depth knowledge and understanding of Supply chain Management processes, relevant prescripts, regulations and policies.
- Transit (Web cycle clearing & expediting functions) as well as inventory management.
- In addition, candidate must be computer literate with better understanding of Ms.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 10 or equivalent, Grade 12 or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience or National Diploma or Degree from a recognized SAQA accredited tertiary institution with a minimum of 12-18 months experience in government Supply Chain Management.
Company: Gauteng Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A