Website Department of Health
It is the Department’s intension to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filing of this post with a candidate whose transfer /promotion / appointment will promote representivity in line with the numeric targets as contained in our Employment Equity plan
- Implement an integrated strategic planning framework.
- Support provincial department of health in the development of strategic plans, annual performance plans and district health plans.
- Facilitate and coordinate the development of National Department of Health Strategic plans, annual performance plans and operational plans according to the legislative and regulatory prescripts.
- Ensure the management and technical leadership of the strategic planning directorate and undertake other tasks delegated to the official.
- Good leadership, organisational, interpersonal, analytical, planning, communication (written and verbal) and computer literacy (Microsoft Office package) skills.
- An Undergraduate qualification (NQF 7) as recognised by SAQA in Health/Social Sciences.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Health System in South Africa, understanding of the legislative and regulatory requirements that impact the planning in the health sector, knowledge of government planning and budgeting processes, Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and Public Service regulations as well as knowledge and understanding of routine health information systems.
- Ability to work independently and with the team, willingness to travel extensively and work irregular hours.
- A valid driver’s licence.
Qualification & Experience:
- Post graduate qualification will be an advantage. At least five (5) years’ experience as middle/senior management level within the Health Sector.
Company: Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A