Website Mpumalanga Department of Health
- Provide comprehensive health care services in the hospital.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of resources.
- Assist the Anaesthetist; manage CSSD Unit and General Management of theatre section.
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing legislation and related legal and ethical nursing.
- Practice in accordance with the scope of practice and nursing standards as determined by the relevant health facility.
- Promote quality nursing care as directed by the professional scope of Practice and standards as determined by the relevant health facility.
- Effectively communicate with patients, supervisors and other clinicians, including report writing when required, display concern for patients, promoting and advocating proper care.
- Provide quality patient care, norms and standards.
- Participate in quality improvement programs.
- Ensure the implementation of Patient’s Rights Charter and Batho Pele Principles.
- Educate Staff and Patients. Scrubbing for theatre operations.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to Ensure good nursing care, work co-operatively and amicable with persons of diverse intellectual, cultural, racial or religious differences.
- Must be able to plan and organize own work and that of support personnel to ensure proper nursing care.
- Registration with the SA Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse with post basic qualification of Theatre Techniques.
- Good organizing and planning skills.
- Leadership qualities and interpersonal relationship skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 9 years appropriate /recognizable nursing experience after registration as Professional Nurse of which 5 years must be appropriate / recognizable experience gained after obtaining the relevant diploma.
Company: Mpumalanga Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: KwaMhlanga, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A