Website Department of Health
The Department of Health is registered with the Department of Labour as a designated Employer and the filling of the following posts will be in line with the Employment Equity Act (including people with disabilities)
- Develop, facilitate and monitor of the implementation of National Regulation, policy or programmes related to disasters. Represent and manage government or non-government district/provincial/national or international special events for the department of Health.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of policies for response to district/provincial/national and international disasters.
- Undertake co-ordination and facilitation of the implementation of emergency preparedness plan for possible major incidents/disasters. Support units within NDOH and sector departments on transversal matters.
- A Bachelor’s Degree qualification (NQF 7) as recognised by SAQA in Emergency Medical Care.
- Registration with the Health Professional Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as an Emergency Care Practitioner.
- A National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Disaster Management will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of National Health Act and the regulations pertaining to the Act, knowledge and understanding of policies related to facilities development and planning as well as related Acts and regulations.
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Disaster Management Act 57/2002, and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Good leadership, organisational, analytical, planning, communication (written and verbal) and computer literacy (Microsoft Office package) skills.
- Ability to work independently, high pressured environment and with the team and work irregular hours.
- A valid driver’s licence.
Qualification & Experience:
- A proven experience in Emergency Medical Services, Management competencies, policy development and analysis and interaction with key role players in health care.
Company: Department of Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A