Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Limpopo has a an opportunity for a security guard to Render a security service in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act 56 of 2001 as amended for the Dis-Chem Group that meets Dis-Chem’ security requirements to protect assets, property and staff by creating a safe and secure environment, through identifying signs of criminal activities or disorder and investigating disturbances while adhering to legislation relevant to the industry and best practice.
- Be vigilant – watch out for any suspicious activities that may mean a breach in security measures that have been put in place on the site.
- Interpret quickly whatever is seen and act accordingly.
- Ensure that all water taps turned off when applicable.
- Do continuous personnel frisking and searches on a daily basis.
- Be vigilant and alert of surroundings to identify suspicious activities and apprehend criminals or remove violators according to the legal authority invested in the industry and Dis-Chem standard operating procedures for the specific post through.
- Random patrols of the premises on regularly basis to ensure optimal visibility and reduce risks.
- Access control – searching of staff, suppliers and company merchandisers.
- Maintain and complete all registers and occurrence books.
- Be clearly visible as far as reasonably possible as deterrent to discourage criminal activities, prevent theft, – damage, – personal injury, and other dishonourable acts.
- Be professionally courteous and friendly, approachable, and willing to help others when receiving guests, customers and employees.
- Contact policing and emergency authorities and make written or verbal reports to law enforcement officers when needed as legally required and in accordance of Dis-Chem procedures.
- Monitor the alarm systems and or video cameras and operate detecting/ emergency equipment when needed.
- When working during the night or alone e.g. after hours render on-going surveillance of the premises by patrolling the grounds and using closed-circuit camera monitoring or alarm systems to detect and investigate suspicious activities to ensure that only legal entrance to the premises is maintained.
- In emergency situations provide assistance and the emergency teams e.g. alert first responders, clinic sisters, managers etc.
- Maintain order during evacuation procedures and at assembly points by providing exact directions or decisive actions to ensure the safety of lives and property by preventing stampedes and breakdown of law and order or illegal entrance to the premises.
- Offer on-going security advice and safety warnings and tips to ensure that all security and safety precautions are adhered to.
- Do thorough and proper vehicle searches throughout the day.
- Report any suspicious incidents verbally to management in detail with the submission of a written detailed report as soon as conveniently possible.
- Cancel staff purchasers and goods declared.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are locked at the end each day.
- Respond quickly and correctly during crisis – be alert to avoid being caught unaware.
- Monitor and control access to the premises by documenting and regulating entrance into the site by vehicles or pedestrian’s access points to allow entry only to individuals with the correct authorization.
- Investigate and report signs of damage or unlawful entry as it occurs to management and act accordingly in the best interest of protecting Dis-Chem assets.
- PSIRA knowledge
- Fire emergency and relevant Health and Safety Training and exposure
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate
- Grade C accreditation with the PSIRA
- A general minimum exposure of at least 3 years in the retail industry, such as shopping malls and warehouses
- At least 1 year specific previous experience in a similar role
- MIE, clear criminal and credit.
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport and PDP when deployed as a driver.
- Grade C PSIRA accreditation.
- South African
- English – Read, write and speak well as it is the organization’s official language.
- PSIRA registered.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Polokwane, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A