Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Kwazulu Natal has a an opportunity for a security guard to Render a security service in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act 56 of 2001 as amended for the Dis-Chem Group that meets Dis-Chem’ security requirements to protect assets, property and staff by creating a safe and secure environment, through identifying signs of criminal activities or disorder and investigating disturbances while adhering to legislation relevant to the industry and best practice.
- Report any suspicious incidents verbally to management in detail with the submission of a written detailed report as soon as conveniently possible.
- Contact policing and emergency authorities and make written or verbal reports to law enforcement officers when needed as legally required and in accordance of Dis-Chem procedures.
- Cancel staff purchasers and goods declared.
- Supervise and check refuse removal according to Dis-Chem standards
- Be vigilant and alert of surroundings to identify suspicious activities and apprehend criminals or remove violators according to the legal authority invested in the industry and Dis-Chem standard operating procedures for the specific post through.
- Random patrols of the premises on regularly basis to ensure optimal visibility and reduce risks.
- Monitor and control access to the premises by documenting and regulating entrance into the site by vehicles or pedestrian’s access points to allow entry only to individuals with the correct authorization.
- Investigate and report signs of damage or unlawful entry as it occurs to management and act accordingly in the best interest of protecting Dis-Chem assets.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are locked at the end each day.
- Ensure that all water taps turned off when applicable.
- Do continuous personnel frisking and searches on a daily basis.
- Do thorough and proper vehicle searches throughout the day.
- Access control – searching of staff, suppliers and company merchandisers.
- Maintain and complete all registers and occurrence books.
- Monitor the alarm systems and or video cameras and operate detecting/ emergency equipment when needed.
- When problem situations or crisis arise or have been dealt with to maintain observing surroundings and report to management on findings and or changes in identified that intensify the situation.
- After a crisis, report the incident to management, the police or the appropriate authorities (such as the fire services in the case of a fire outbreak) with a detailed written report concerning the incident and your activities around the incident.
- Be clearly visible as far as reasonably possible as deterrent to discourage criminal activities, prevent theft, – damage, – personal injury, and other dishonourable acts.
- Be professionally courteous and friendly, approachable, and willing to help others when receiving guests, customers and employees.
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate
- Grade C accreditation with the PSIRA
- English – Read, write and speak well as it is the organization’s official language.
- At least 1 year specific previous experience in a similar role
- PSIRA knowledge
- Fire emergency and relevant Health and Safety Training and exposure
- A general minimum exposure of at least 3 years in the retail industry, such as shopping malls and warehouses
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A