Website Discovery Limited
The SAP Basis consultant (Solution Manager) is responsible for the management of the SAP environment and more importantly the Solution Manager landscape that forms part of the ITSM and SAP change management process for the SAP Landscape. The incumbent is responsible for configuring, monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting the SAP technical environment on an ongoing basis as well as scheduling and executing the SAP transport system.
- Administers the SAP Solution Manager systems within the Bank.
- Performs SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/ import client) as required.
- Configures and manages the SAP printing subsystem for all SAP instances.
- Maintains SAP performance by planning and executing SAP tuning strategies.
- Implements and maintains the multiple SAP instances that comprise the SAP environment (development, test, training and production).
- Maintains the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Change and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly. Introduces technical changes into the environment using a structured approach that minimizes risk and achieves high reliability, availability and performance of each SAP instance. Designs and implements optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Develops and maintains system documentation for all SAP instances and interfaces.
- Installs and configures all required SAP database servers and application servers.
- Distributes the online SAP user workload and monitor and manage the SAP background job workload.
- Knowledge in running SAP Lifecycle management processes using SAP Solution Manager.
- Linux, Windows, SAP Netweaver, HANA, Networks.
- Linux, Windows, SAP Netweaver, HANA, Networks
- A vast knowledge and background in SAP high availability infrastructure and design.
- Knowledge in running SAP HANA database systems.
- Knowledge in running SAP on Microsoft SQL database environments.
- Knowledge in running SAP on VMware.
- Working in a banking or financial services environment with SAP Security and infrastructure security a key deliverable.
Qualification & Experience:
- A completion of at least 3 implementation projects.
- Five years’ experience in SAP Solution Manager, including CHaRM and ITSM.
- Five years’ experience in SAP Basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) or equivalent technical work experience.
- Five years’ of experience in SAP database administration, with prior experience with SAP R/3 and HANA in a Linux (preferably
- RHEL) environment.
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Randfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A