Website Discovery Limited
The Business Intelligence (BI) analyst developer is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and supporting BI solutions. The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI delivery including requirements analysis, logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment. The BI systems analyst should have a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies in order to ensure BI solutions are robust and scalable.
- Establish, maintain, and ensure compliance with data modelling and data integration standards
- Lead the creation, enhancement and implementation of newer BI standards and processes.
- Work with Data Science teams to setup data model automation processes.
- Work with the big data architecture team to ensure loads are running optimally.
- Design and document logical and physical data models using dimension modelling techniques as well as relational modelling techniques.
- Review data models with functional and technical teams via walkthroughs of the planned solution.
- Interact with our business leads and other stakeholders to establish information needs
- Conduct data analysis and data profiling on various source systems
- Interact with software developers, business analysts, quality management and end users to communicate BI designs and solutions.
- Interact with systems architects to discuss solutions, challenges and enhancements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to present solutions and data storylines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience in logical and physical data modelling using a variety of techniques including Kimball.
- Strong database fundamentals and data modelling knowledge (normalization and de-normalization).
- Good understanding of ODS, data warehouse, data mart, cube, and database technologies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Solid experience in gathering requirements for reporting solutions and data analytics.
- Solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications, process flows and source-to-target mappings
- Experience working with BI front-end tools to develop prototype solutions (Power BI, Excel)
- Strong SQL query writing ability (across database environments)
- Experience in ETL design and good understanding of ETL solution architectures .
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in BI Discovery – Vitality Business Intelligence
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science or Informatics or more than 7 years relevant experience.
- Business Intelligence certifications will be an added advantage
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A