Website Discovery Limited
Assisting the underwriters with general administration related to underwriting. Ensure all the documents required by the underwriters are requested, sourced from suppliers e.g. Doctors, paid for and provided to the underwriters in their entirety. Answer all queries pertaining/related to underwriting. Ensure brokers are well informed by providing accurate information to them in order to adequately support clients. Attend to requests for members who want to be seen by our nurses. Compile underwriting status reports. Provide or receive half cost medicals from other insurers.
- Send completed medicals to another insurer on request and/or request completed medicals from other insurer to underwrite member.
- Access completed medicals from the Smart Service System if not already on SFE.
- Once all documentation is attached on SFE, complete audit for Member and move it to the Underwriters.
- Investigate reasons for anomalies on any underwriting admin process and troubleshoot. Look out for members that need decisions to be re-apply
- Verify the membership on Paradigm, that covers are aligned on SFE and Compass. Ensure member is on SFE.
- Link the received completed medicals to the system and allocate to the underwriters for a decision.
- Compile a report for brokers from SFE and Compass, send medicals requirements requests to brokers/SC in order to be completed by member for underwriting members’ over the acceptable limit.
- Load members on the system to the smart service team for a nurse to complete required medical documents.
- Ensure all documents submitted are correct and completed in full. Where documents are missing, source the documents from Meditech or other Pathologists.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Matric – essential
- Time-Management and Organizational Skills
- Exceptional ability to communicate written and orally
- Self-starter with a high attention to detail and be able to multi-task
- Coping with pressure (deadlines)
- Good at follow through
- Problem solving and solution focused
- Analytical – interpretation
- Must be team orientated, willing to assist other team members in the office
- Building relationships
- Microsoft Office skills, i.e. Outlook, Excel and Word are mandatory. Underwriting Administration background.
- Compassion: will be working with people who are sometimes in dire situations or going through difficult transitions. Must be compassionate to their situation and working with them in a positive way
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tshwane, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A