Website Discovery Limited
Design and implement robust, scalable and optimally performing systems using Oracle related technologies, according to provided specifications, standards and procedures, while ensuring compliance with the architectural standards and guidelines laid out by Discovery.
- Construct robust, maintainable, scalable, optimally performing system code in line with technical specifications, following prescribed process, standards and procedures. Deliver within agreed timeframes
- Conduct unit testing and fix any defects found
- Translate business requirements into technical designs adhering to Discovery Insure processes, standards and guidelines, taking cognisance of performance, security and scalability requirements. Deliver within agreed timeframes.
- Liaise with relevant parties where clarification of business requirements or resolution to technical issues is needed
- Ability to effectively analyse root cause of system errors (data errors, performance and stability issues)
- Actively coach other developers to understand and apply the Insure coding and architectural standards correctly, as well as any technologies in use
- Perform code review to ensure logical correctness, maintainability, scalability, performance, compliance with architectural standards and frameworks
- Consult and assist in reviewing risk / impact of defects found in testing, and assist with fixing where necessary
- Assist system users with technical support issues and handle according to defined procedures
- Verify build stability and quality with development team before releasing to test team, aiming to release with zero defects
- Assist the Business analyst in ensuring the test pack includes relevant scenarios and test data.
- Research and find effective solutions to technical issues that arise
- Estimate development timelines based on business requirements
- Software development within SDLC
- Able to work under pressure
- Team player: reliable, works actively with others towards common goal, communicates constructively, shares information, knowledge and experience, treats others in a respectful and supportive manner
- Data modelling and design of database structures-
- Action orientated go-getter, hungry to learn and add real value
- Structured and analytical problem solver: Obsessive about finding solutions to problems: action oriented problem solver.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritize own work
- Able to multitask
- Able to work independently
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing requirements
Qualification & Experience:
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent 3 year qualification
- Oracle Certified Professional – Advanced PLSQL developer
- 2-5 years of consistent experience in the listed core competency areas – Essential
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A