Website Global Transport and Logistics
DSV Cape Town have dedicated operations teams for our Retail business. This team manages all import shipments into Cape Town & Durban from various suppliers globally – mainly China and India. Within the team we have an import controlling function which receive documents, open files and pass shipment through for customs clearance. This includes accurate accrual and charge capturing. Manage movement of cargo from origin port to port of destination and charges are received for on time and accurate billing. There will be client facing support required and all operations to be performed in an order management process environment.
- Update and maintenance of lane specific rates monthly
- Assisting the Client lead with Ad hoc projects and reporting
- Completing key updates and milestones in CW1
- Engage origin offices and carriers regarding forwarding of shipments
- Checking vendor invoices and raising queries as required.
- Following up on carrier invoices and ANF’s
- Following up and retrieving shipping documents after sailing from origin offices
- Opening shipment files and documents assembly
- Knowledge of international logistics
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of current INCOTERMS® 2010
- Knowledge of Order Management
Qualification & Experience:
- GR12 certificate
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Ocean Freight forwarding and controlling.
- Previous direct client facing experience
- Previous CargoWise1 experience
Company: Global Transport and Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A