Website Eastern Cape Development Corporation - ECDC
To identify, conceptualise, and plan infrastructure projects to be implemented. To ensure market related project estimates and realistic cash flow projections. To coordinate different groups involved in the identified projects and maintaining relationships with those groups. To promote the use and development of emerging contractors and EPWP on projects.
- Promote the use and development of local SMMEs, and the utilisation of local labour on projects.
- Report on capacitation against criteria laid down by Professional Bodies.
- Facilitate in building effective partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Project planning using predetermined project scoping studies and planning processes.
- Supervises Interns
- Apply appropriate project methodologies and disciplines.
- In consultation with the General Manager Projects, approve specifications for projects identified for implementation.
- Compliance with Procurement Policies as approved by ECDC.
- Manage stakeholder communication.
- Maintain appropriate, continuous, and timely communication with all stakeholders
- Oversee project planning undertaken by project managers to ensure proper specifications, market related estimates and realistic cash flow projections for planned projects.
- Report on project planning progress against predetermined milestones.
- 5 years post graduate experience in the built environment of which 2 years must be in public sector project management.
- Minimum BTech or degree in Quantity Surveying and registered as a PrQS with the relevant Professional Body.
Company: Eastern Cape Development Corporation – ECDC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A