Website Eastern Cape Development Corporation - ECDC
The Project Manager: Strategic Projects Unit will implement assigned infrastructure projects across the province, in line with external and internal funding provided. Manage consultants and contractors to ensure that projects are completed by applying project management principles which include quality, time frames, budget parameters, consultant and contractor service delivery agreements and any relevant and applicable legislation. They will also prepare individual project reports on status, expenditure, variations, delays, etc on the district projects to the Senior Manager: Implementation while ensuring that all risk related to assigned projects are mitigated.
- Interact regularly with relevant stakeholders
- Prepare individual project reports on status, expenditure, variations, delays, etc. on the district projects to the Senior Manager: Implementation.
- Apply appropriate, continuous, and timeous communication with all stakeholders.
- Apply appropriate project methodologies and disciplines.
- Ensure that local SMMEs are utilised and exposed to methods and principles that promote their emergence in terms of CIDB Regulations.
- Identify contractual issues.
- Apply use of local labour to its maximum benefit on projects.
- Management of consultants and contractors.
- Minimum B(Tech) or degree in Built Environment and registered with the relevant Professional
- 4 years post graduate experience in the built environment of which 2 years must be in public sector project management
Company: Eastern Cape Development Corporation – ECDC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A