Website Eastern Cape Development Corporation - ECDC
The successful candidate will facilitate the development of industrial parks, direct trade and investment promotion efforts linked to the industrial parks. They will also provide oversight over the operations of the industrial parks and provide support to businesses within the industrial parks.
- Manage industrial parks related procurement processes for services other than those managed by the Properties business unit.
- Engagements with key industries in the Eastern Cape to promote the industrial parks.
- Work with Regional Offices and the Trade, Investment and Innovation Unit to develop a pipeline of investors for the Eastern Cape industrial parks.
- Influence provincial and national government policy for industrial parks.
- Mobilise support and participation by communities and business in industrial parks development.
- Lobby for municipal rates and services-based incentives for industrial parks and SEZs
- Provide input on national and provincial industrial parks and SEZ policies.
- Oversee arrangements by the Asset Management function and Regional Offices regarding rates and municipal services.
- Develop and spearhead the approval of the ECDC industrial park operations management framework.
- Compile and distribute quality reports on industrial park management.
- Spearhead the development of industrial parks infrastructure, record any opportunities available for purposes of marketing the parks and responding to lease enquiries.
- Spearhead resource allocation and mobilisation including budgeting and funding relations management for industrial parks development programmes.
- Oversee the reduction of red tape to secure investment in infrastructure at industrial parks.
- Work with Regional Offices to formulate and institute a system to deal with lease and investment enquiries and complaints relating to industrial parks.
- Drive the formulation and approval of development frameworks and policies for industrial parks.
- Mobilise participation by local and district municipalities in industrial parks development and management processes.
- Participate in trade and investment missions to promote opportunities related to industrial parks.
- Visit other industrial parks and SEZ’s for purposes of benchmarking and best practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or engineering.
- 5 years relevant work experience in project management/infrastructure development/facilities management at middle management or senior specialist level.
Company: Eastern Cape Development Corporation – ECDC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A