Website FNB South Africa
To provide IT expertise, advice and leadership in the design, creation, testing and documentation of new and enhanced applications and systems in accordance with agreed framework of programming standards. To assist in the development of IT operational implementation plans and associated IT processes, methods and techniques.
- Assess, identify and mitigate potential risks within the IT programming environment by complying with technology business policy and process requirements (SDLC and change / release management process definition) to ensure operational performance.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements and being able to present and sell concepts to clients.
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements during programming execution.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effectively
- Code, compile, test and implement applications in compliance with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Support development environments. Responsible for coding standards and peer reviews.
- Monitor systems post change and pro-actively do performance analysis to ensure there is no system failure due to capacity.
- Minimize system downtime through pro-active identification of potential issues and ensure minimization of recurring problems by managing defects and performing code reviews.
- Produce technical specifications and architecture that is in accordance to agreed standards. Design, code, test and debug to obtain a robust solution with supporting documentation.
- Produce program specifications and implement system enhancements by addressing specific business needs and resolving queries.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum: B.Comm, B.Eng., BSC Eng., BSC Informatics or related degree.
- Familiar with one or more programming languages as appropriate for the specific requirements of the department related to the field.
- 5 years + experience in programming and system design.
- SOAP and Restful services
- System Design experience advantageous.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (INT/QA/PROD environments)
- Git, Maven, Gradle
- Solid experience in Java SE/EE 8 and 11
Company: FNB South Africa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A