Website Gauteng Department of Education
Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants, at no cost. People with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be filled on a new Z83 effective from 1 January 2021 form and a comprehensive CV (with detailed previous experience). Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualify. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from Human Resources. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to security screening and vetting process. Applications received after closing date will not be accepted.
- Work at, and participate in outreach, at any of the Gauteng Health Clusters facilities. Academically:
- Daily ward rounds and attendance to OPD, preparing patients for theatre and performance of surgical procedures concordant with medical officer position.
- Work responsibility within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Proper clinical record keeping and participation in ward/departmental administrative duties. Commitment to the highest level of care, ethics, professionalism and punctuality.
- Counselling and education of patients and families.
- Will participate in the orthopedic teaching programme with the aim of passing the CMSA Orthopedics intermediate exam.
- The incumbent will teach and supervise medical interns and medical students.
- Assessment and management of medical and orthopedic emergencies. After-hours calls and execution of urgent orthopedic procedures.
- The application of cost containment measures in service delivery is important.
Qualification & Experience:
- HPCSA registration as Medical officer independent practice and annual registration to practice is required.
- No experience required after registration as Medical Officer independent practice.
- Grade 12 plus MBCHB degree registered with the HPCSA as a Medical Officer independent practitioner.
Company: Gauteng Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East Rand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A