Website Gauteng Department of Education
Applications to be submitted online at: Professional job firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manages the leave register and telephone accounts for the component.
- Ensures that travel arrangements are well coordinated.
- Effective flow of information and documents to and from the office of the Director/Chief Director
- Record the engagements of the Director/Chief Director Utilizes discretion to decide whether to accept/decline or refer to other employees request for meetings, based on the assessed importance and urgency of the matter
- Responds to enquiries received from internal and external stakeholders. Draft documents as required. Does filing of documents for the Director/Chief Director and the unit where required.
- Receives telephone calls in an environment where, in addition to the call should be forwarded.
- Scrutinizes documents to determine actions/information/other documents required for meetings.
- Clarifies instructions and notes on behalf of the Director/Chief Director.
- Obtains the necessary signatures on documents like procurement advice and monthly salary reports.
- Records minutes/decisions and communicates to relevant role-players, follow –up on progress made.
- Collects analyzes and collates information requested by the Director/Chief Director.
- Operates and ensures that office equipment, e.g., fax machines and photocopies are in good working order.
- In the process the job incumbent should finalize some enquiries.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience in secretariat or administration
- NQF7 level 6/7 in Secretarial / Administration or equivalent qualification as recognised by SAQA.
Company: Gauteng Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A