Website Gauteng Department of Education
Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants, at no cost. People with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be filled on a new Z83 effective from 1 January 2021 form and a comprehensive CV (with detailed previous experience). Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualify. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from Human Resources. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to security screening and vetting process. Applications received after closing date will not be accepted.
- Report faulty switchboard telephones when out of order.
- Attend departmental meetings and training as approved by the supervisor.
- Able to handle and solve minor complaints, adhere to workplace policies and procedures and adhere to reporting to timelines.
- Answer incoming calls. Keep staff extension numbers registers are up to date and change register when staff change offices.
- Registration of daily incoming inquest in the section.
- To ensure that all complaints are correctly captured manually and electronically, with outcomes.
- Be up to date with the activities, and areas within the hospital to be able to direct customers, be able work under pressure and perform any other duties delegated by the supervisor.
- Attend to the public as the reception. Maintain telephone list.
- Disable people are encouraged to apply.
- To ensure that client’s ability to voice their perceptions/opinions/experience about the health establishment is practiced. Ability to handle difficult customers. Be willing to undergo continuous training and development training programs as required.
- Good interpersonal relations.
- The applicant must have good communication skills, with the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders, health care users and givers. Report writing skills, facilitation skills, problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (Written and Verbal) and the other commonly spoken local languages.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure. Planning and or organizing, reporting procedures, customer care skills, Telephone skills and how to do basic research/gather information. Knowledge of statistics and organizing.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualifications. Must be computer literate (Word, Excel).
Company: Gauteng Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East Rand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A