Website Gauteng Department of Education
It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. Preference will be given to people with disabilities. Applications should be submitted strictly online at https://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ or http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ and it should be accompanied by a Z83, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity (no postal or hand delivery applications will be accepted). It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Develop, maintain and strengthen people centred multi hazard, multi-sectoral forecasting and early warning systems, disaster and emergency communication; Manage PDMC ICT infrastructure amongst others , server room, local area network, wireless area network;
- Manage desktop services and assist with business analysis services; Coordinate the development of the PDMC ICT strategy and the establishment of the ICT Unit;
- Manage the newly established Provincial Disaster Management Centre ICT unit and its mandate;
- Provide support in management of the wide area network and government cloud;
- Assist in the management of ICT systems within the PDMC such as the disaster management information system and the PDMC website.
- Database knowledge and Computer literacy.
- Problem solving and analysis; Creative thinking;
- Applied strategic thinking; Planning and organising;
- Internet and spatial application development processes;
- Understand the Geographical Information System;
- Client Orientation and Customer focus;
- A valid driver’s license.
Qualification & Experience:
- Matric plus NQF level 7/ Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or relevant qualification, coupled with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in ICT, exposure to command-and-control systems; of which 3 years should be in a supervisory managerial level.
Company: Gauteng Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A