Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- Control and management of clinical services as the Head of Department.
- Maintain satisfactory clinical, professional and ethical standards related to these services.
- Maintain necessary discipline over staff under his / her control.
- Attend to administrative matters as pertains to the unit and department.
- Conduct, assist and stimulate research.
- Training of undergraduate and postgraduate medical students in Internal Medicine at Sebokeng and Kopanong hospital where teaching takes place and Allied Health Personnel in the field of Internal Medicine.
- Participation in formal teaching and teaching administration as required by the department of Internal Medicine.
- Promote community orientated services and participate in outreach programs.
- Conduct specialized outpatient clinics and provide expert opinion where required.
- After hours consultant cover for both Internal Medicine , critical care departments at Sebokeng and Kopanong Hospitals.
- Provide leadership in development of protocols for the management of adult in Internal Medicine and critical care.
- Provide leadership in the development of clinical audit programs in the hospital in the province.
- Develop measures to ensure quality assurance for the adult Internal Medicine patients.
- Participate actively in outreach activities to hospital in the Province.
- Active involvement in CME to health professionals.
- Compile medium and long term expenditure frameworks and implement fiscal control measures on an ongoing basis.
- Lead and supervise departmental research activities.
- Participate in training of Registrar’s, Medical Officers and Nurses.
- Work as part of a multi – disciplinary team when deemed necessary.
- An appropriate qualification in Internal Medicine, an additional subspecialty will be an advantage. Current registration as a physician / subspecialty 3 – 5 years post registration experience.
- Recommendations: experience in undergraduate teaching and undergraduate teaching administration in Internal Medicine.
- Knowledge, skills, training and competencies required: Ability to teach undergraduate, postgraduate, students and supervise junior staff.
- Management skills, good communication, leadership and decision making skills.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sebokeng, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A