Website Gauteng Department of Education
Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants, at no cost. People with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be filled on a new Z83 effective from 1 January 2021 form and a comprehensive CV (with detailed previous experience). Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualify. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from Human Resources. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to security screening and vetting process. Applications received after closing date will not be accepted.
- The incumbent will be responsible to interview, investigate, diagnose, and oversee the treatment of patient.
- Implement and monitor adherence to National Core Standards (norms and standards).
- Ensure that administration of record keeping is done in the department.
- Participate in multidisciplinary team to the management of patients.
- Participating in all activities of the discipline in relation to teaching and research.
- Reduce medical litigation by exercising good clinical ethos.
- Supervising junior doctors (undergraduate student, interns and community service doctors). Attendance of relevant administrative meetings like mortality meetings, near MISS meetings and completing MEDICO legal documents timeously (e.g death certificate).
- Improve quality care by providing appropriate clinical care.
- Willing to do commuted overtime rendering of after-hour (night, weekend and public holiday) duties to provide continuous uninterrupted care of patients.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 plus MBCHB degree or equivalent registered with HPCSA as a Medical Officer independent practice.
- Proof of annual registration to practice and registration as a Medical Officer Independent practitioner.
Company: Gauteng Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: East Rand, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A