Website Human Sciences Research Council - HSRC
HSC is looking to appoint one suitably qualified person to take on the responsibilities of a Post-Doctoral Fellow. The successful incumbents will be based in the HSRC either Durban; Pretoria or Cape Town office.
- Contributing to the sustainable growth of the research programme portfolio;
- Supporting the development of contacts and relationships with colleagues in academic institutions, government organizations and the wider research community;
- Contributing to discussion in HSRC and HSC-wide activities.
- Supporting effective participation in multidisciplinary research teams and partnerships;
- Assisting in mentoring interns and research assistants;
- Assisting with proposals and grant applications to undertake funded research;
- Supporting initiatives to promote the strategic objectives of the HSRC;
- Publishing scholarly journal articles;
- Assisting in delivering research within specified budgets and to deadline;
- Proficiency in or working experience with some of the following data software packages: STATA, Epi Info, SPSS, Nvivo, AtlasTI or other relevant statistical packages
- Intellectual and personal integrity, imagination and drive along with the ability and enthusiasm to engage as a team player in large scale multidisciplinary research;
- Previous experience conducting TB related research will be an advantage
- Previous experience conducting population-based research will be an advantage.
- A sound grounding in diverse research methods and related theoretical debates along with strong conceptual competencies in the area of specialisation;
- A strong user orientation, based on a commitment to pro-poor social research that makes a difference.
- Recognisable expertise in one of the priority research areas of HSC;
- A doctorate in either Public Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics(obtained not more than 5 years previously);
- Willingness and ability to engage in grant/proposal writing for research funding;
Company: Human Sciences Research Council – HSRC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A