ICIB a division of Investec Bank Limited has an opportunity within its division for an experienced FCC officer. This candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head of FCC and the team in facilitating aspects of the compliance function within the division with a primary focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Combating of Terrorist Financing (CTF). This will entail an in-depth knowledge of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act, POCDATARA, POCA, FATF recommendations, etc. The candidate must have experience in money laundering control and combating the financing of terrorism. We believe a dynamic individual, who has had exposure to financial markets trading, will be suitable for the role.
- Assessing all new and existing AML/CFT and Sanctions legislation and best practice requirements and their impact on the business.
- Assisting in the development of requisite AML/CFT and Sanctions policies, standards and procedures arising out of these legislative and best practice requirements;
- Conducting risk assessments of the businesses vulnerabilities to money laundering and terror financing and implementing an effective AML/CFT and Sanctions programme.
- Identifying money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions risks associated with new products or services, or arising from operational changes, including the introduction of new technology and processes.
- Ensuring the appropriate AML/CFT procedures are implemented effectively, including customer acceptance policy, customer due diligence, record-keeping, ongoing monitoring, reporting of suspicious transactions, combating the financing of terrorism and sanctions.
- Ensuring the AML/CFT programme is regularly assessed to ensure that it is effective and sufficient to address any change in money laundering and financing of terrorism trends. Making practical and acceptable recommendations where systems and procedures are in need of enhancement.
- Provide advice, support and guidance to senior management, business and other stakeholders on AML/CFT and Sanctions-related matters.
- To help prepare any board or executive reports for the target audience, including relevant management information.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability
- High attention to detail essential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative and record keeping skills
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 5 years post graduation/articles experience in Financial Services, preferably financial markets and/or trade finance/securities
- An appropriate B Degree in Legal or Risk Management or equivalent NQF level 6 qualification or higher
- ACAMS Membership and certification (preferable)
- Experience in money laundering control and sanctions
- Certificate in Money Laundering Control
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A