Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
The Teacher role is primarily responsible for working alongside the Senior Teacher to motivate, inspire and empower their students with high-quality individual and group instruction so that they can reach their full potential. The incumbent might be a newly qualified teacher or in their first few years of teaching, and should therefore be someone who is hungry to learn and to lean into the balance Valenture strikes between classroom teaching and collaboration with other professionals in the school.
- Engage in the systemic integration of scientific educational knowledge, didactics (or pedagogical content knowledge), and practice to enable teachers to enhance their pedagogical thinking, evidence-based decision making, and engagement in the professional community of educators.
- Report on the progress of all students allocated to you, on a weekly basis.
- Regularly attend learner progress and intervention tracking meetings.
- Regular contact with students, via email, to encourage, motivate and empower them to achieve their best.
- Employ a variety of teaching and instructional methodologies in live sessions, with the aid of Edtech tools, to individuals and groups of students.
- Manage tier one escalations with students and guardians via email or Google Meet
- Meet regularly with the Senior Teacher in your team to identify student progress, trends and at risk-students.
- Manage the posting of announcements to the online campus, and respond to discussion forum posts made by students.
- Develop assessments that are in line with UK standards.
- Engage in lesson observations with Senior teachers, Teachers and your Student Experience Lead to maintain quality assurance of instruction in line with Valenture’s Teaching and Learning approach and to enable personal and peer improvement through feedback, coaching and mentorship.
- Regular professional development sessions to develop a deep knowledge of the most recent advances of research in the subject you teach, as well as the research on how something can be taught and learned.
- Review holistic performance of students on a regular basis.
- Facilitate and participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, clubs and student organisations.
- Work closely with the Senior Teacher, Support Coach and Student Experience Lead to monitor at-risk students.
- Report on the effectiveness of planned interventions (according to our remediation policy which uses RTI) and employ bespoke remediation strategies to enable student academic progress.
- Support with intervention planning within your subject to develop appropriate teaching solutions and strategies that target the specific student needs that arise as they progress through the course.
- Implement responsive intervention strategies based on students’ progress.
- Must be comfortable working remotely and independently.
- Valid South African Police clearance required.
- Strong administrative and record keeping skills.
- Experience working with assessment data and operational data.
- Ability to engage with students from diverse environments, cultures and communities.
- Knowledge and passion for the subject area.
- Inclusive and dedicated to developing all our students.
- Must be able to take initiative as well as self-audit.
- Experience teaching an international UK curriculum (Cambridge, Pearson Edexcel or Oxford AQA certifications) will be an advantage.
- Experience teaching international students would be advantageous. An international mindset is highly recommended due to the global audience of students that will form part of the school community. The ability to engage with students from various backgrounds and cultures is key to a successful learning environment.
- Adept in a technological environment.
- Operationally savvy.
- SACE registration or eligible to apply for SACE
- Sexual Offenders Affidavit required
- Experience grading or examining of international assessments would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with young people to promote their individual academic potential.
- Professional proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A