Website Discovery Limited
The JAVA Developer Intern is on a growth path to learn and understand the role that a Developer plays in developing, implementing and overseeing the Systems Development strategies of the bank. The JAVA Developer Intern will need to be able to work independently as well as in a team to solve problems creatively through the process of creating software and managing large projects across multiple platforms and devices. Implement the designed solutions in the required development language (typically Java) in accordance with the bank standards, processes, tools, and frameworks.
- Updates the reference documentation and update the scheduling tool with progress.
- Reviews error logs and provide Test Analyst with updates on fixes found in testing.
- Actively works under senior developers during the code review process to understand and apply the coding standards.
- Assist with Technical support issues, Production queries and Root Cause Analysis.
- Responds to incidents escalated by the Incidents team.
- Logs issues in the appropriate issues tracking system.
- Ensure that the application performs the functions as required by business.
- Releases source code with zero defects.
- Testing software for bugs or other issues that may affect functionality or the user experience. Conducting research on new technologies and techniques to identify opportunities for growth
- Implements the Technical Specification within the Systems framework.
- Conducts preliminary analysis on issues.
- Consults and assists the Test Analyst in reviewing defects found in testing.
- Participates in the process of reviewing code for consistent application of standards, logic and effective use of libraries and reusable aspects of the application.
- Must be a South African Citizen between the ages 18 and 30, who has completed a tertiary degree.
- Organizational skills, you may be responsible for multiple projects at once.
- Knowledge of SDLC, Unit Testing, Database structures, Technical Change Control.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines.
- Coding skills in any of the following languages:
- Technical Stack
Qualification & Experience:
- BSc Computer Science/ Information system degree within the last 6-12 months and have no work experience and has not undertaken previous internship opportunities
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A